THE CO-OP NEEDS YOUR SUPPORT TO REACH THE NEXT STAGE OF DEVELOPMENT!
WE ARE WORKING TOWARDS A GOAL OF 150 OWNERS so THAT WE CAN BEGIN TO SEARCH FOR THE PERFECT LOCATION.
WE ARE SO CLOSE TO turning OUR DREAM INTO A REALITY.
WE TRULY BELIEVE THAT A LOCAL FOOD CO-OP WILL ENHANCE THE ECONOMIC VITALITY OF ROCKFORD.
PLUS TO OFFER MORE HEALTHY FOOD CHOICES + BRING THE COMMUNITY TOGETHER.
JOIN OUR FOUNDING OWNERS TO MAKE THE SCREW CITY FOOD CO-OP HAPPEN.
A LIFETIME HOUSEHOLD OWNERSHIP FEE IS ONLY $200.
PAYMENTS CAN BE MADE WITH A CREDIT CARD, DEBIT CARD, OR CHECK.
are you INTERESTED IN BECOMING AN OWNER?
IF SO THEN THERE IS NO BETTER TIME TO BECOME AN OWNER THAN RIGHT NOW!
AN INITIAL OWNERSHIP OF TWO SHARES IS $200. YOU MAY ELECT TO PURCHASE UP TO $1,000 IN SHARES IN $100 INCREMENTS BEYOND YOUR INITIAL SHARES PURCHASE. PLEASE NOTE THAT ADDITIONAL SHARES DO NOT GRANT ANY ADDITIONAL VOTES OR PRIVILEGES. FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE SEE OUR BYLAWS. IT IS YOUR RESONSIBILITY to provide Screw City Food Co-op with a current mailing address should the above information change. As with any investment, your ownership share is subject to risk. If the Co-op is unsuccessful, the Board of Directors will determine distribution of remaining assets. Every effort will be made to refund the paid portion of your co-owner equity share.
BENEFITS OF OWNERSHIP
• Patronage dividends during profitable years, as determined by the Board of Directors.
• The satisfaction of supporting a local business dedicated to improving year-round access to good food
& to enhancing our community’s quality of life by keeping more money in the community.
• The right to vote for the Board of Directors as well as to run for a seat on the board.
• Our co-op email newsletter.
• Reciprocity with many other community co-ops. OWNER RIGHTS
• Voting in the affairs of the Cooperative. One owner = one vote.
• Serving on the Board if nominated and elected.
• Receiving patronage dividends, if issued.
• Shopping at the Co-op’s store at least once every 12 months (after the Co-op has opened a store).
• Notifying the Co-op of current contact information, here.
• Attending and voting at owner meetings or sending a written proxy vote when unable to attend.
Please contact us if you have additional questions.